Whether you’re a vintner or you want to customize your wine for that very special occasion, you need to determine the right label size before even thinking about design. This step-by-step guide will help. Keep in mind that you can be creative with wine-bottle labels, that’s why we have 37 templates you can select from that come in a variety of cuts, materials and shapes.
But first, you have to make sure that the label you select isn’t so small that it disappears on your bottle or so big that it overpowers it. Here are three ways to get it just right:
- Manual Method
- Cut a strip of 8.5 x 11 paper lengthwise.
- Wrap it around the bottle
- Use a pen to mark where the paper overlaps by approximately an eighth of an inch.
- Unwrap the paper and note where the mark is. This is the maximum length of your label.
- Mathematical Method
- Measure the width of the bottom of your bottle.
- Multiply that by 3.14 to determine the maximum length of your label.
- Experimental Method
Bookmark this page so it’s a handy reference. If you decide you’d rather not print labels yourself, let us know. We can handle everything for you, including design. Feel free to contact us at 1-800-241-9720 or email us. If you need that wine bottle labels fast, Meyers Direct will ship in-stock labels the same day if the order is placed before 2:30 p.m. CST.
Get more labeling advice: From Water to Wine: 11 inspirational bottle label designs.